Sunday, July 1, 2012


A new project was started this week from an original drawing done when the idea of working with abstract figures began.

Monday:  Colors to be dyed were decided upon.  I went with analogous groupings.

  This is the same wool after dyeing.  A marbleized method was used.

Tuesday:  The idea behind this piece is to be yourself and show your individuality.  The figures are completed and some background has started.

 Wednesday:  Background is completed on the blue figure and washers have been stitched into the circle areas.

Thursday:  Background has been started on another figure.  The rest of the background will be a dark brown and green mix so the blue figure with a light ivory pastel background will stand out.

Friday:  We stopped at Architectural Salvage of Greensboro as I was running out of salvaged pieces to work with and need some for this piece.  This is a great place to find all kinds of pieces to fit into artwork and the people there are really friendly.

Here is a box full of old locks.  I love the variety of colors.  Rust, white peeling paint, silver, brown etc.  

This wall of old door plates is one of my favorites.  There are a large variety of styles to fit all sorts of projects.

So often we feel as if we have not accomplished enough.  Take photos of your daily efforts, surprise yourself while viewing all you have done in one simple week and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment