Sunday, September 2, 2012

BACK TO RUG HOOKING


It's back to the familiar after two weeks of weaving.  While I am planning to continue weaving in my spare time and work on ways to combine it with rug hooking, it felt good to work out a new design, throw wool in the dyepot, cut strips, and hook away.

"Deception of Beauty" in progress  Lori LaBerge  2012

The design above is a continuation of the idea I worked with in weaving class.  This theme will carry through in a new grouping of wall hangings and table rugs.  They will be hooked in an 8-cut, which will be new for me as I usually work in 6 and 4-cuts. The plan to somehow incorporate metal or hardware with these is in the back of my mind.  I will see if or how that develops as hooking continues.  It is fun just working on this as I go along, not feeling I have to stick hard and fast to my original plan.

Close-up of "Deception of Beauty" in progress   Lori LaBerge   2012

The table rugs will be based on sections of the larger pieces, though they may vary in color. I can envision the above close-up holding its own (perhaps reversed) as a beautiful compliment to the right piece of contemporary pottery.

Try working in a grouping or series, look at your previous work, see where your ideas take you and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment