Thursday, October 23, 2014

"HOOKED ART 2014" AT UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT- STAMFORD CAMPUS


I am proud to be included among 18 contemporary rug hooking artists who will be represented in "Hooked Art 2014" this weekend.  The exhibit will be in The Gallery at the University of Connecticut at Stamford. 

The reception will be held October 25 from 1-4 p.m.  The show will run from October 25-November 29.  Please take the chance to see how these artists have taken rug hooking to another level. 

The exhibition catalog of the show (pictured above) is available at Blurb with a free preview.  Just click here.

I'm also proud to announce that the Plein Air Hooking Artists have been invited to exhibit at Sauder Village Rug Hooking Week 2015.  We will be working hard to put on a great exhibit and to encourage others to join us in our outdoor hooking adventures.  More news will follow as the date nears.

As well as looking at work at the Green Mountain Rug Hooking Guild show (reported on last week), I made a few purchases.


"Barely Hooked" by Rae Reynolds Harrell

I had the chance to stop by Rae Harrell's booth and chat for a short time.  She has put together a book portraying various artists' interpretations of the nude.  There are beautiful photos and close-ups which led me to spend an entire afternoon looking through this wonderful collection.  To purchase, you can go to Rae's site.


I also had a chance to meet Melina White who runs Seal Harbor Rug Company. There was a wonderful collection of colorful hand-dyed New Zealand rug wool. 

I will be having my right wrist operated on for a fully torn ligament in January and the surgeon said I will not be able to use my hand for three months, yes, months. Hearing that hurt more than the torn ligament.  

I decided to look on the bright side and take the opportunity to learn to work with my left hand. Melina was kind enough to let me try the punch-needle hooking which will be much easier to do one-handed.  I'm looking forward to working on a larger rug along with some smaller pieces.

I will be reporting on "Hooked Art 2014" after the weekend event and wish everyone a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lori on being part of the "Hooked Art 2014" show! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patricia. It truly is a wonderful show. The talent in the field of rug hooking is amazing.

      Delete