Saturday, December 19, 2015

GEOMETRIC ABSTRACT "SWAY" STARTED AND ARTIST BOOKS

First section of  "Sway", 11 X 11  Lori LaBerge  2015

The first section of a two part work for the Connection series has been hooked.  The greens are my favorite part of this.  It took a while to dye the colors needed, especially the mint shade of green.  Through a mix of multiple dyes, I finally achieved what I was looking for. 

I always receive some art related gifts for my birthday and, thankfully, this year was no different.

From my daughter:


Rothko's work is fascinating.  What appears to be three colors suddenly merges into layers of color when viewed up close.  It will be interesting to read about his early years as I haven't read much on his beginnings in art.


This book is set up in a question and answer format.  Joe Fig asks up and coming artists questions about their work, process, early interests in art, etc.  Love these kind of books as they don't have to be read in any specific order and can be easily read even when you don't have extended time to devote to reading.

From my son:


This is always a great gift.  A variety of drawing pencils of difference softness and hardness, charcoals, a sketching stick, erasers and sharpeners along with a sketch pad. I'm planning on using these with a drawing course I have ordered.

Have a great day, enjoy the holidays and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment