Saturday, May 7, 2016

STUDIO WORK


Almost completed.  “Side Streets”, 20” X 20”, Lori LaBerge  2016

It has been busy in the studio this week.  I have to stitch the metal washers to “Side Streets, mount the piece and then work on framing.  The original plan was to fill the background with dark grays, but I found the light gray added a nice contrast to the darks without detracting from the orange and yellow.  The diagonal shapes are reminiscent of a crosswalk pattern.

Pieces for landscape show lined up in the studio

Frames for the landscape show pieces arrived early in the week.  I have now completed 10 framed works and two sculptural pieces for the show.  There are two more sculptures to work on. 

The hooked portion of as yet untitled sculpture. 

Upholstery fabric was used for hooking.  The ends were left showing on the topside rather than clipped.   The sculptural section will sit on top of the hooked work.  Open areas were hooked around to leave room for screws to hold the sculpture upright.

Colors chosen for sculptural work.

I want to create a piece depicting water so various shades and textures of blue will be stitched into dark gray industrial felt.  It should be completed in the next couple of weeks.

My daughter will be visiting this coming week and will be helping me prepare for the Toe River Studio Tour.   There will be quite a bit of cleaning due to happen in the work section of the studio.  We’ll also focus on hanging work in the gallery section.  I feel lucky that my family has always supported my art.

Thank those that support you in your art, hobby, career, etc.  and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment