Saturday, January 7, 2017

ABSTRACT SNOW

We saw the arrival of our first snow of the season yesterday.  After sipping wine and watching the snowfall last night, I stepped out the door this morning and found multiple abstract scenes. 

 Patches of snow on the back of a deck chair

 Rail shadows curving around mounds of fallen snow

 A perforated rubber mat filled with snow and surrounded by shadows

 Organic shapes of fallen snow on and beneath a ladder

The curves of a windblown exterior rug forming pockets for snow to rest in

It's 20 degrees out with 25-30 mile an hour winds and gusts of 45. I'm planning on hibernating the rest of the day.  After living in the south for over 20 years I've lost that winter warrior spirit I had in my home state of Vermont. Sun will be out tomorrow and so will I!

No comments:

Post a Comment