Saturday, February 4, 2017

"GEONIGHT" DIPTYCH CONTINUES, ART GUITAR PICKS

Section One of "GeoNight" in progress,  13" X 10"  Lori LaBerge  2016

Hooking was completed on the latest work and I will be stitching the washers into place this coming week. A finer look was decided on so the work was hooked in a 4-cut rather than my usual 6-cut.

I was going to do the two sections in assembly line fashion by doing pink on one, pink on the other, yellow on one then...you get the idea. I decided to finish section one first so I had a good idea of how the colors worked before the second section was started. The dark blue provided the strong contrast I was looking for.


This is the big month to put together all the notes I've taken for this summer's class at Green Mountain Rug School. I tend to write notes wherever I am so there are plenty of them in various notebooks around the studio. I love putting those thoughts together in an organized form. It will be a four day class, so notes are being separated into multiple activities for each day.


My evenings needed something new so I picked up the guitar my daughter and I won in a music video contest quite a few years ago. I took lessons when I was 17 so I won't say how many years ago that was. I found these cool guitar picks with Salvador Dali works printed on them. Love. I may hit wrong notes, but I'll look good doing it. Looking at various companies to put my own artwork on some picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment