Sunday, October 8, 2017

INDUSTRIAL SITE ABSTRACT TEXTILE ART "SKYBRIDGE"

"Skybridge",   14" X 11"   Lori LaBerge  2017

This work was developed to be shown alongside the two paintings done last week  Unlike the paintings worked from memory and notes (due to it being night when we stopped by), the textile work was done from parts of two photos taken during the day.

When working from photos, I avoid a direct copy of the photograph. Artwork allows for imagination which is the part of it I most enjoy. Here are the photos used:


I stuck with the angled shapes of the building. The rooftop stairway was converted to a skybridge to be the focus of the work.


The factory silo was in front of a section of one of the buildings. I used this on the right hand side of the work as I wanted to add some curves to the piece. Colors were chosen to work with the two paintings.



A good idea of how the works look together before framing.

No comments:

Post a Comment